In early 85 bass player Tommy Brage decided to part ways and was replaced by Magnus Hedin. This new AXE WITCH line-up toured Sweden for several months.
Between shows Magnus and Anders managed to write lots of new songs and around sprin time they locked themselfs in the studio to record pre-production demos for their third full lenght album. Things seemed to be moving smoothly when all of a sudden another shift rocked the band's very foundation, promting the Johansson brothers to pack their bags and leave in the summer.(Mats would later re-appear in Skinny Horse).
Despite this loss AXEWITCH commenced with the recording of their new LP, ”Hooked On High Heels” at Stage and Music studios in Norrköping later that summer. The album was supposed to be completed in the familiar surroundings of Decibel studios but when Fingerprint missed paying the bills AXEWITCH had to go elsewhere.

The band now consisted of Magnus, Anders and Magnus Hedin on bass, with Klas Wollberg adding further guitar licks to some of the album tracks. Since they had failed to find a competent drummer, good friend of the band, named Per-Ove Johansson sat in as a surrogate musician and provided for a rock-solid rhythm. New skins-man Abbe "Abbey" Enhörning arrived a little too late to leave his own mark on "Hooked on high heels". By the time he joined AXEWITCH the recordings were already finished. Although his picture can be seen onthe back cover of the LP, he didn't play a single note on it.

When "Hooked on high heels" hit the streets it sported "artwork" that practically defied description. Take one look at the sleeve and you'll surely agree that this is one hell of a top contender for any "Ugliest cover of the 80s" competition. AXEWITCH asked to see the blueprint upfront but the record company claimd that there wouldn't be enough time to mail it out because manufacturing arrangements were imminent. It's hard not to imagine how shocked the band was when they first spotted the finished product in the stores.

Late 85, early 86 the current line-up toured a bit, but after a while Klas left AXEWITCH and was replaced by Ralf Petersson, a great guitarist and an old friend of Magnus and Anders. They kept on playing all over Sweden until late 1986. Abbey, their drummer left the band and Per-Ove Johansson rejoined the band, this time as their official drummer. Just a few weeks later Magnus Hedin went his own way , his place being taken by Dennis Printz, another great musician. This line up of AXEWITCH kept gigging and managed to cut some material. One of the new songs, ”Get Out” raised interest from Neat records who seemed keen on releasing it as a single. The band travelled to New Castle in England to discuss legal matters with the label but quickly realised that Neat's offer didn't meet up with their expectations, so the idea of signing with the company was scrapped for good.

After their third album AXEWITCH cut three more and also recorded several live shows varying line-ups whose common denominator remained the groups core of Magnus Jarl on guitar and Anders Wallentoft on vocals. Sadly none of these recordings saw the light of day - until 2005, that is. demo recordings and several live recordings with different line-ups, but always with Magnus Jarl on Guitar and Anders Wallentoft on Vocals. The band finally broke up in the summer of 1987.
Next page >>